Saturday, September 22, 2012

Children's Books

Since I've finished college, I have started to enjoy reading more.  I even started a book club with some friends, but it disbanded as members moved away (and summer plans got in the way.)  When Avery was a newborn, I would just read her my "adult" book aloud instead of selecting from her bookshelf as she didn't pay attention to the pictures anyways.  But now, I have replaced my books with her books as she LOVES to read.  Last night, we were reading Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes, and Avery sat in my lap smiling at each page.  I don't think I've ever enjoyed reading a book more than I did last night.

For my shower, the hosts requested everyone to bring a favorite childhood book.  It was a great way to build a library for Avery and share memories of childhood at the shower. I strongly recommend it if you're hosting a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment